Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Miami Beach through my lens: January 2014

Ok! The first installment of Miami Beach through my lens is here. Every month during 2014, I will share a favorite place in this wonderful city I'm lucky to call home.*

To start off the new year, I decided to spend a quiet morning at the Miami Beach Botanical Garden, a true oasis of peace and tranquility in the heat of South Beach.
It was my first time visiting the garden, and I was pleasantly surprised at how beautiful, tranquil and peaceful it is. I was especially smitten with the Japanese Garden section, with its striking red bridge and fountain.
In addition of providing a lovely green space in the middle of the city, the Miami Beach Botanical Garden offers a lot of educational programs, events, classes and even a farmers market on Wednesdays. Check out the calendar on their website.
















  


Images: Monica Aguinaga

*A  note about my project Miami Beach through my lens: Instead of doing a separate website to house this project (like I did with New York through my lens), I decided to just update it here, in my blog.
Also, instead of focusing on Miami as a whole city, I'm only showcasing places in Miami Beach, the city where I live. Since Miami is so big, I thought it would be better to show you my take on Miami Beach, and go a little bit further than the regular old tourists traps.


Miami Beach through my lens is a photographic quest to discover the great city of Miami Beach.
Starting January 2014, I will explore a new place every month throughout the year, and share my findings with you. Armed with my trusty camera, I aim to get to know this wonderful city better, and improve my photography skills as I go. Tag along!

4 comments:

Diana Mieczan said...

What a beautiful spot and I am so looking forward to this series. I love your photos. Have a beautiful day, sweetie.

Pamela Bates said...

hi monica, found you via Diana's blog...(ha, just noticed she commented above me!). lovely, lovely photos. there is something about a garden that is just that - peaceful. my mom and I made time to visit one of our local gardens this past summer and it was like a mini escape. love that shot of the fountain/planter overflowing. and that tree that has fern like leaves....gorgeous shot.

Monica Aguinaga said...

Thank you so much, Diana! Excited to start this series, too!

Monica Aguinaga said...

Hi Pamela! Thank you for you lovely comment and your compliments.
Yes, you're right; it's like a mini escape. It was a good idea to spend time in such places to clear our minds and just breathe.
Thanks again.