Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Miami Beach through my lens: January 2014

Ok! The first installment of Miami Beach through my lens is here. Every month during 2014, I will share a favorite place in this wonderful city I'm lucky to call home.*

To start off the new year, I decided to spend a quiet morning at the Miami Beach Botanical Garden, a true oasis of peace and tranquility in the heat of South Beach.
It was my first time visiting the garden, and I was pleasantly surprised at how beautiful, tranquil and peaceful it is. I was especially smitten with the Japanese Garden section, with its striking red bridge and fountain.
In addition of providing a lovely green space in the middle of the city, the Miami Beach Botanical Garden offers a lot of educational programs, events, classes and even a farmers market on Wednesdays. Check out the calendar on their website.
















  


Images: Monica Aguinaga

*A  note about my project Miami Beach through my lens: Instead of doing a separate website to house this project (like I did with New York through my lens), I decided to just update it here, in my blog.
Also, instead of focusing on Miami as a whole city, I'm only showcasing places in Miami Beach, the city where I live. Since Miami is so big, I thought it would be better to show you my take on Miami Beach, and go a little bit further than the regular old tourists traps.


Miami Beach through my lens is a photographic quest to discover the great city of Miami Beach.
Starting January 2014, I will explore a new place every month throughout the year, and share my findings with you. Armed with my trusty camera, I aim to get to know this wonderful city better, and improve my photography skills as I go. Tag along!

4 comments:

Diana Mieczan said...

What a beautiful spot and I am so looking forward to this series. I love your photos. Have a beautiful day, sweetie.

Pamela Bates said...

hi monica, found you via Diana's blog...(ha, just noticed she commented above me!). lovely, lovely photos. there is something about a garden that is just that - peaceful. my mom and I made time to visit one of our local gardens this past summer and it was like a mini escape. love that shot of the fountain/planter overflowing. and that tree that has fern like leaves....gorgeous shot.

Monica | Hola!design said...

Thank you so much, Diana! Excited to start this series, too!

Monica | Hola!design said...

Hi Pamela! Thank you for you lovely comment and your compliments.
Yes, you're right; it's like a mini escape. It was a good idea to spend time in such places to clear our minds and just breathe.
Thanks again.